Note: You can use any one of these millet Foxtail(Navane) / Barnyard(Oodalu) / Little(Saame) / Kodo(Arka) / Browntop (Korale)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Soaking Time: 1 hour to 3 hours
1. 75gm Millet rice
2. 25gm Moong dal
3. 2 chilley
4. 1 small cup Grated coconut
5. 1 spoon Ginger paste
6. Pinch of Aniseed/Fennel (Saunf) powder
7. Some coriander leaves
8. Vegetables of choice carrot, beans, peas
9. 1 spoon Ghee for seasoning
10. Salt to taste
1. Soak Millet for 1 hours to 3 hours. Millet absorbs water n expands, 3hrs is better, but minimum of 1hr is good.
2. Boil 1:5 water, i.e., 500ml
3. Once water is boiling, add millet
4. Parallely prepare seasoning heat ghee, add Ginger paste, vegetables, Saunf powder, chilley, fry for 2mins. Add this seasoning to cooking millet.
5. Add salt to taste. Let Millet n Seasoning with vegetables cook for 20mins. Low Flame.
6. Remove from flame add grated coconut n coriander leaves.
Enjoy Tasty Healthy Millet Kichadi
Where to buy Millets